Contact the Teachers

If you need to contact any of the Senior Unit feel free to do so either by a note or email. You are also welcome to come in and say hi any time.
Email addresses
jareds@ilsg.sa.edu.au dwayneh@ilsg.sa.edu.au benj@ilsg.sa.edu.au

Sunday, 26 May 2013

Senior Unit Camp at Wirraway


header_15

The Senior Unit camp at Wirraway was a huge success. Great fun and fellowship was had by all.
Here are a few reviews from the students about their experience.


First we got on the bus. There was a girl’s bus and a boy’s bus and we got to watch a movie on the way there. (Alvin and the chipmunks.) When we got there we had to check in and get our name tags and then we had our lunch. After lunch we had a talk with some of the staff, and then we started the activities. They were fun. The best activity was archery because I hit one of the targets. It was so funny when someone broke one of the arrows. The activities that we did were archery, horse riding, rock climbing wall, initiative games, ropes course and free time.
By Chelsea

I had a great time at Wirraway homestead. I really enjoyed the food and the activities. My dorm was called the Rustlers; there were eight people in my dorm. My favourite activity was the horses; I had great fun riding them. My horse was named Jewels, we got to walk, stop, turn corners and trot. When I was on the horses I was saying ye ha, nah nah. The worst thing about camp was the water; it was brown and didn’t look nice.
By Blake

Camp at Wirraway was fun. I liked all of the activities, they were: horse riding, the amazing race, archery, the ropes course, trampolines, mini golf and rock climbing. The horse I rode was named Jade. I didn’t hit anything in archery but it was fun. I also liked rock climbing, I climbed up walls 1 and 2 then I tried 3 and 4. On the first night I liked the spaghetti bolognaise it was yummy! But the next night I didn’t like the beef stroganoff.  I had fun playing in the barnyard, I played Mr. Semmler in carpet ball and table tennis, and I played table tennis with my hand.
By Shelbie

The senior unit camp at Wirraway was great; all the FOOD was good at breakfast, lunch and dinner. The activities were good my favourite 3 were horse riding, rock climbing and archery. In horse riding the horse I rode was called Jewels it was the smallest but was really fast at trotting and was a bit stubborn but it was a great horse. The rock climbing was good too but you didn’t get much time. I did wall 2.It was pretty easy and was really basic. Wall 3 was at an angle so it was a lot harder to climb and I got a bit stuck at the end. I wanted to do wall 4 and 5 but I didn’t get enough time.
By Liam

All the senior students came to school all packed for an exciting, fun two night camp. It was a two hour drive until we arrived at Wirraway and straight away all that was on people minds was who is in my dorm. We got our dorms and we went to set up before having a meeting in the livery stable. We got into our activities after lunch. My group’s activity was horse riding which was also my favourite activity. I was riding Joker (which was also the leading horse) when we rode the horses around the horse arena. We got to do many different skills on the horse such as trotting, donuts and Simon says. After that we did trampolines before tea. For tea we had spaghetti bolognaise and hot cake with ice-cream for dessert. Later that evening we went into the livery stable were we played horse shoe challenge, true or false tests girls versus boys in which the girls came first. Afterwards we all went for a bush walk to the hear what natures has to offer. At the end of our bush walk we had a camp fire before coming back to camp for supper which was Milo and chocolate slice. After supper it was time to go to bed.
By Nikeisha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.